Friday, June 22, 2012

5 Questions


1.       I am wondering if I have selected a topic that is suitable for this program. My topic is how to teach a play in an English classroom. I am fascinated by the complexity that most plays weave in to just a few acts and with just a few stage directions. At my high school we teach a play at every level and I continuously question if the integrity of the play is honored when the unit is covered in an English classroom. Basically, I want to understand how to take a performing art and translate it into an English curriculum. 

2.       I am not sure exactly how to do field research for this topic. I want to interview local actors and ask them about what must be done during the unit to fully understand the dramatic foundation of the play we are covering. I want to see some local productions and also create a list of low cost theaters that my students can attend. After that, I’m not sure where else to go. 

3.       I am also not sure what materials I should look for. I did a basic (no help from a Librarian) search and did not come up with a considerable amount of articles that relate to my specific topic. 

4.       Are we going to write our own qualitative and/or quantitative arguments?  I’m curious because when I read the argument that I analyzed for homework I truly enjoyed and agreed with its presentation. However, after answering the questions, I quickly found out that I agreed with the argument because I have always agreed with what was presented. The article was not written well and did not follow the appropriate guidelines. I wonder if I could conduct a case study in my classes next year and present my findings in my final product.

5.       Finally, I am questioning what I am going to do for my final product. I always like to know what I am working towards and at this point I am not sure. The idea of a website or documentary is fascinating but I don’t know if I want to turn this experience into a technology cram.

No comments:

Post a Comment